KineMaster Media Browser Screen
There are two types of Media Layers, specifically Video Layers, and Image Layers, and both may be the same formats as Primary Timeline items: Images and Videos.
Media Layers can be added to projects in several ways:
- Video and Image layers can be added by tapping Layer on the Media Wheel and then choosing Media (or Image on some phones where video layers are not supported)
- Video and Image layers can be added by selecting a clip on the Primary Timeline, tapping the “...” menu at the left side of the screen, and selecting Duplicate as Layer.
- Image layers can also be added by taking a photo with the Camera
- Video layers can also be added by recording video with the Camcorder and then selecting Use As Layer.
Video Layers are computationally expensive so the number of video layers may be restricted or simply unavailable on some devices. A virtually unlimited number of Image Layers may be added to a project.
KineMaster Tip: Media Formats
On Android, KineMaster can support the following formats.
Import Video Formats:
- MP4 (H.264 Baseline/Main/High Profile + AAC LC / PCM)
- 3GP (H.264 Baseline/Main/High Profile + AAC LC / PCM)
- MOV (H.264 Baseline/Main/High Profile + AAC LC / PCM)
Import Audio Formats:
- MP3, M4A, AAC, WAV
Import Image Formats:
- JPEG, PNG, WebP, BMP
- GIF (still image only)
Export Video Format:
- MP4 (H.264 Baseline + AAC LC)
On iPhone and iPad, video files must be saved to the camera roll, and the above video formats are restricted to those supported by the iOS camera roll. Please refer to http://www.apple.com/ for information on the technical specifications for each device.