Show your national pride by entering the KineMaster for the Gold Contest.
Nations from across the globe are gathered in South Korea for the 2018 Winter Olympics. Top tier athletes at the peak of their abilities are competing for fame, greatness, and gold. But don’t leave your country’s reputation entirely in their hands! Bring home a little glory yourself by participating in the KineMaster for the Gold Contest. We’re looking for videos that show us what you think is special about your country; no snow required.
Don’t worry if your country is participating in the Winter Olympics, or even if it’s winter! Citizens of almost any country can go home a winner in the KineMaster for the Gold Contest: one video from each eligible country represented will win.
HOW TO ENTER
Here’s what you need to do to enter a video:
- Be a legal resident of a country where KineMaster is offered on Google Play or the App Store. (Note that your device must be linked to one of these stores.)
- Download or have the latest version of KineMaster. (Check Google Play or the App Store before starting!)
- Use KineMaster to edit a video about your country of no more than two minutes (2:00) in length. You can use footage from your phone or tablet, or any other KineMaster-compatible video source as long as you have the right to use the footage (see contest rules for details). Citizens of countries with disputed international status, so long as they meet requirement 1, are welcome to enter. Prizes awarded to entrants from nations of disputed international status are not indicative of nor should be taken as Nexstreaming recognizing the merit or legitimacy to any claim of sovereignty or status.
- a. Note that videos may be in any language but, if they are in a language other than English, they must be subtitled in English.
- b. Video content should be acceptable for teens and older (ages 13 and up). Videos containing extreme/realistic violence, profanity or hate speech, and/or nudity will not be eligible to win. Entries that disparage, encourage hate, or promote prejudice towards other nations or peoples will be disqualified.
- c. Upload your video to Google Drive, Dropbox, or a similar service. You must provide the original file as exported by KineMaster, so please avoid services like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and Twitter for submitting your entry. These services don’t provide any way to download the original video.
- Submit your entry by filling out the form at LINK.
- a. This form requires a shipping address from an eligible country.
- b. The names of the winners, their video titles and descriptions, and their Twitter handles may be used to publicly announce results.
- Please also note the following.
- a. Only one submission per shipping address or email address will be accepted. Additional submissions from a single shipping or email address will not be eligible to win.
- b. Videos must be submitted by 11:59pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) on the 18th of March, 2018 to be considered.
- Full legalese can be found below. (Please read it carefully; by participating, you agree to these rules!)
SELECTION PROCESS/ PRIZES
There is one award given to the top-scoring video from each country. Between March 19 and April 2, 2018, KineMaster staff will score all video entries to determine one winner per country. Entrants will be judged with the following criteria:
- Production Values / Cinematography - 10 points
- Post-Production (KineMaster Usage Skills) - 10 points
- Writing / Acting - 10 points
- Overall Enjoyment - 10 points
Total Score - 40 points
In the event of a tie, videos will be compared by individual criteria scores, starting from number 1 above until a winner can be determined. In the event that all criteria scores are equal, the winner will be determined by a series of coin flips.
All winners will receive a 1-year subscription to KineMaster!
Winners will be announced on (or before) Tuesday, April 3, 2018 publicly via Twitter and privately via email. Please note that the name and video information provided in the submission form may be used on Twitter.
LEGALESE (CONTEST RULES)
These Contest Rules ("Contest Rules", “Rules”, “Agreement”) constitute an agreement between you (“you”, “the entrant”, or “entrants”) and NexStreaming Corp. ("us", "we", or "our", “NexStreaming”), and govern your participation in the KineMaster for the Gold Contest 2018 (“the contest”).
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Though entrants must download KineMaster to participate, no purchase is required.
- SPONSOR: Prizes for the contest are provided by NexStreaming.
- ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open only to legal residents of all countries where KineMaster is available for download on Google Play and the App Store (“the eligible countries”), who have a device linked to one of the above stores, and who are over the age of 18. Employees and contractors of NexStreaming are not eligible to participate. This promotion is void where prohibited by law, including US territories.
- AGREEMENT: Participation in the contest constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of all official rules printed here and in applicable promotion postings as well as all decisions of the contest organizer. Participation and winning are contingent upon the fulfillment of all requirements issued here. NexStreaming reserves the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion if security, fairness, or proper conduct has been compromised. Any person found to be tampering with the entry process or otherwise in violation of these rules will be disqualified. NexStreaming reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the extent permitted by law.
- ENTRY: Entry instructions and the start and end dates and times of the contest will be printed publicly on the KineMaster website, and will be linked to over Twitter and other social media sites.
- WINNER SELECTION: After the contest entry period has concluded, winners will be selected by a judge or panel of judges chosen by NexStreaming in accordance with the criteria and terms outlined in the contest posting.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified publicly by Twitter and privately by the email address given upon submission within two weeks of the end of the entry date unless other terms are specified in the contest posting. If a winner does not respond to the email within the specified time frame, NexStreaming may disqualify that winner and select an alternate winner. NexStreaming shall not be liable for a winner’s failure to transmit accurate contact information or failure to receive properly sent notices as a result of faulty email security. To request the name(s) of the winner(s) of this promotion, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received within 30 days of the entry period’s end.
- PRIZES: Prizes for the contest will be disclosed in the contest posting and transmitted to the winner(s) within one month of confirmation of eligibility. Prizes are non-transferable and will not be substituted except at the discretion of NexStreaming, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in the contest herein is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations.
- ENDORSEMENT: By participating in the contest, entrants acknowledge that the contest is in no way endorsed by, sponsored by, administered by, or affiliated with any social media service upon which any part of the contest is conducted, nor is this contest in any way affiliated with the Olympics, the IOC, KOC, or any Olympic organization.
- RIGHTS: All entries become the property of NexStreaming. Entrants hereby grant NexStreaming a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to publish, store, reproduce, and distribute any submission transmitted here as part of the contest without compensation. Entrants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power, and authority to grant the foregoing license. If any submission is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, Entrants shall, at their sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. Entrants shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless NexStreaming from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which NexStreaming may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right. NexStreaming is under no obligation to use or return any submissions; NexStreaming reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including names and submissions provided by the entrants, for editorial, marketing, and other purposes without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Nexstreaming, and their affiliates, advertising agencies, employees, and contractors from any liability or litigation that may occur, directly or indirectly and regardless of negligence, from (i) participation in the contest and the acceptance or use of any prize; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of computer hardware or software or the unavailability of any internet service; and (iii) any unauthorized tampering or electronic or human error that may occur in the administration of the contest.
- DISPUTES: The contest is governed by the laws of Republic of Korea. As a condition of participating in the contest, entrants agree that any and all unresolvable disputes as well as any causes of action connected with the contest will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. If any dispute cannot be settled amicably through ordinary negotiations by the parties, despite their good faith efforts to do so and within such time as the aggrieved party considers reasonable, then dispute shall be finally settled by arbitration in Seoul, Korea, in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the Korean Commercial Arbitration Board by one or three arbitrators appointed in accordance with said Rules. The award rendered by the arbitrator(s) shall be final and binding upon the parties concerned. Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees.