Thank you for visiting! Entry to the KineMaster Ridiculous New Year's Resolution Contest has CLOSED. Please visit https://goo.gl/dZyxke on February 6th to see the winners!
Regret this year’s New Year’s resolution? Did you give up before you even started like everyone else? Think you might do better in 2018? HA! Take that positive attitude somewhere else, because this is a celebration of the craziest/weirdest/worst New Year’s resolutions, and your hope for a better tomorrow is starting to scare away all of my other contestants!
To enter the KineMaster Ridiculous New Year’s Resolution contest (thank you Twitter for 280 characters), simply create a video about a terrible New Year’s resolution scenario, real or imagined (be safe!), put it together in KineMaster, and then upload it to Google Drive or Dropbox*! Fill out this entry form https://goo.gl/2Qchyz and then you’re on your way to the start of a great new year! Well maybe. Probably not.
Please don’t make this contest your ridiculous resolution. (This is your good resolution.)
Don’t have resolutions where you come from? You can make it up, or put your own spin on it! We’re not the truth police. (We’re just the video police. Drop mic. Pick up broken mic. Put broken mic in cupboard for someone else to deal with.)
How to Enter
Here’s what you need to do to enter a video:
- Be a legal resident of one of the following countries: Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, United Kingdom, or the United States.
- Download or have the latest version of KineMaster. (Check Google Play or the App Store before starting!)
- Use KineMaster to edit a terrible New Year’s resolution video of no more than two minutes (2:00) in length. You can use footage from your phone or tablet, or any other KineMaster-compatible video source as long as you have the right to use the footage (see contest rules for details).
- a. Note that videos may be in any language, BUT if they are in a language other than English, they must be subtitled in English.
- b. Video content should be acceptable for teens and older (American PG-13). Basically, videos containing extreme/realistic violence or profanity, hate speech, or nudity will not be accepted.
- c. Upload your video to Google Drive, Dropbox, or a similar service. You must provide the original file as exported by KineMaster, so please avoid services like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and Twitter for submitting your entry, because these services don’t provide any way to download the original video.
- a. This form requires a shipping address from an eligible country.
- b. The names of winners, their video titles and descriptions, and their Twitter handles may be used to publicly announce results.
- a. Only one submission per shipping address or email address will be accepted. Additional submissions from a single shipping or email address will be disqualified.
- b. Videos must be submitted by 11:59pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) on the 21st of January, 2018 to be considered.
There are two awards that participants can win: the “KineMaster Staff Award” and the “Viewer’s Choice Award.”
KineMaster Staff Award
Between January 22nd and February 5th, 2018, KineMaster Staff will choose three (3) videos as winners of the KineMaster Staff Award. Entrants will be judged on the following criteria:
1. Production Values / Cinematography
- 10 points
2. Post-Production (KineMaster Usage Skills)
- 10 points
3. Writing / Acting
- 10 points
4. Overall Enjoyment
- 10 points
- 40 points
The three videos with the highest total scores will be chosen as the winner. In the event of a tie, videos will be compared by individual criteria scores, starting from 1 above until a winner can be determined. In the event that all criteria scores are equal, the winner will be determined by a series of coin flips.
First place will receive a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3. Second place will receive a mobile production rig consisting of a Shoulderpod X1, a Rode VideoMic Go, Manfrotto Lumimuse 8 On-Camera LED Light (Black), and a 3.5mm TRS to TRRS Cable. Third place will receive a Padcaster Green Screen.
In the event these exact prizes are not available, they will be substituted with similar products of similar (but not lower) value.
Winners will be announced on Tuesday, February 6th, 2017 publicly via Twitter, and privately via email. Please note that the name and video information given on the submission form may be used on Twitter.
Viewer’s Choice Award
EDIT: Due to a lack of participants, we are unable to run the Viewer's Choice Awards.
Between January 22nd and 26th, 2018, KineMaster Staff will nominate ten (10) videos for the Viewer’s Choice Award. Nominated videos will be tweeted by @KineMaster on January 27th and voted on by the public. Each video tweet will be placed on a page (yet to be announced) for ease of voting. First place will receive a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3. All remaining nominations will receive a one-year free subscription to KineMaster. Current subscribers to KineMaster will receive explanations via email on how to use their free subscription.
Viewer’s Choice Voting Requirements and Details
The voting period will start upon tweeting the nominations on January 27th, 2018 until February 6th at 10 am Korean Standard Time (GMT + 9).
Any person with an active Twitter account may vote for videos by liking or retweeting.
The total amount of likes (1 point each) and retweets (5 points each) at the deadline will be combined to give an overall score that will determine the winner. Likes and retweets that occur after the timeline will not count to the overall score.
Each video may only receive a maximum of one like and one retweet per voting Twitter account. Each voting Twitter account may like or retweet as many nominated videos as they choose.
Anyone caught creating multiple Twitter accounts to increase voting will be disqualified. Votes from Twitter accounts determined to be fraudulent will not be counted.
Winners will be notified on February 6th, 2018 publicly via Twitter, and privately via email.
That's it! Now go out there and show us those ridiculous your New Year’s resolutions can be! (This should be obvious by now, but be safe!)
LEGALESE (CONTEST RULES)
These Contest Rules ("Contest Rules", “Rules”, “Agreement”) constitute an agreement between you (“you”, “the entrant”, or “entrants”) and NexStreaming Corp. ("us", "we", or "our", “NexStreaming”), and govern your participation in the KineMaster Ridiculous New Year’s Resolutions Contest 2017-8 (“the contest”).
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Though entrants must download KineMaster to participate, no purchase is required.
2. SPONSOR: Prizes for the contest are provided by NexStreaming.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open only to legal residents of Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, United Kingdom, and the United States (“the eligible countries”), who are over the age of 18. Employees and contractors of NexStreaming are not eligible to participate. This promotion is void where prohibited by law, including US territories.
4. AGREEMENT: Participation in the contest constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of all official rules printed here and in applicable promotion postings as well as all decisions of the contest organizer. Participation and winning are contingent upon the fulfillment of all requirements issued here. NexStreaming reserves the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion if security, fairness, or proper conduct has been compromised. Any person found to be tampering with the entry process or otherwise in violation of these rules will be disqualified. NexStreaming reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the extent permitted by law.
5. ENTRY: Entry instructions and the start and end dates and times of the contest will be printed publicly on the KineMaster website, and will be linked to over Twitter and other social media sites.
6. WINNER SELECTION: After the contest entry period has concluded, winners will be selected by a judge or panel of judges chosen by NexStreaming in accordance with the criteria and terms outlined in the contest posting.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified publicly by Twitter and privately by the email address given upon submission within two weeks of the end of the entry date unless other terms are specified in the contest posting. If a winner does not respond to the email within the specified time frame, NexStreaming may disqualify that winner and select an alternate winner. NexStreaming shall not be liable for a winner’s failure to transmit accurate contact information or failure to receive properly sent notices as a result of faulty email security. To request the name(s) of the winner(s) of this promotion, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received within 30 days of the entry period’s end.
8. PRIZES: Prizes for the contest will be disclosed in the contest posting and transmitted to the winner(s) within one month of confirmation of eligibility. Prizes are non-transferable and will not be substituted except at the discretion of NexStreaming, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in the contest herein is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations.
9. ENDORSEMENT: By participating in the contest, entrants acknowledge that the contest is in no way endorsed by, sponsored by, administered by, or affiliated with any social media service upon which any part of the contest is conducted.
10. RIGHTS: All entries become the property of NexStreaming. Entrants hereby grant NexStreaming a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to publish, store, reproduce, and distribute any submission transmitted here as part of the contest without compensation. Entrants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power, and authority to grant the foregoing license. NexStreaming is under no obligation to use or return any submissions; NexStreaming reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including names and submissions provided by the entrants, for editorial, marketing, and other purposes without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Nexstreaming, and their affiliates, advertising agencies, employees, and contractors from any liability or litigation that may occur, directly or indirectly and regardless of negligence, from (i) participation in the contest and the acceptance or use of any prize; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of computer hardware or software or the unavailability of any internet service; and (iii) any unauthorized tampering or electronic or human error that may occur in the administration of the contest.
12. DISPUTES: The contest is governed by the laws of Republic of Korea. As a condition of participating in the contest, entrants agree that any and all unresolvable disputes as well as any causes of action connected with the contest will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. If any dispute cannot be settled amicably through ordinary negotiations by the parties, despite their good faith efforts to do so and within such time as the aggrieved party considers reasonable, then dispute shall be finally settled by arbitration in Seoul, Korea, in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the Korean Commercial Arbitration Board by one or three arbitrators appointed in accordance with said Rules. The award rendered by the arbitrator(s) shall be final and binding upon the parties concerned. Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees.