This contest is over. Rules are left here for posterity.
To enter the KineMaster for Samsung Halloween 2017 Short Film Contest, sponsored by Samsung, simply edit a Halloween themed video with KineMaster for Samsung, upload it to Google Drive or Dropbox*, then fill out this entry form (https://goo.gl/ZcSH4m) and you’re on your way to the afterlife...or just regular life. Whichever is spookiest.
* Similar services can also be used, as long as the original video is available for download. Note that YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and services like these cannot be used to submit your entry because the original video is not available for download.
How to Enter
Here’s what you need to do to enter a video:
- Be a legal resident in the 50 US states over the age of 18.
- Download or have the latest version of KineMaster for Samsung from the Galaxy Apps Store. (Your app version must be 4.2.2 or higher; check your app before starting!)
- Use KineMaster to edit a spooky Halloween video of no more than two minutes (2:00) in length. You can use footage from your phone or tablet, or any other KineMaster-compatible video source as long as you have the right to use the footage (see contest rules for details).
- Upload your video to Google Drive, Dropbox, or a similar service. You must provide the original file as exported by KineMaster, so please avoid services like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and Twitter for submitting your entry, because these services don’t provide a way to download the original video.
- Submit your entry by filling out the form at https://goo.gl/ZcSH4m.
- This form requires a shipping address within the 50 US states to verify eligibility and for shipping prizes if you win the contest.
- The names of winners, their video titles and descriptions, and their Twitter handles may be used to publicly announce results.
- Please note the following.
- Only one submission per shipping address or email address will be accepted. Additional submissions from a single shipping or email address will be disqualified.
- Videos must be submitted by 11:59pm Pacific Standard Time on the 5th of November, 2017 to be considered.
- Full Legalese can be found below. (Please read it carefully; by participating, you agree to these rules!)
There are two awards that participants can win: the “KineMaster Staff Award” and the “Viewer’s Choice Award.”
Rule Addendum: In order to ensure fairness, we will not be holding the Viewer’s Choice Awards as there are not enough qualifying entries. Entrants will still be considered for the KineMaster Staff Award prizes, and the KineMaster Staff Award prizes will be upgraded as follows:
First Prize: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 + Samsung Gear S3 + 1 year KineMaster subscription
Second Prize: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 + 1 year KineMaster subscription
Third Prize: Samsung Gear S3 + 1 year KineMaster subscription
All other qualifying entrants: 3 month KineMaster subscription
KineMaster Staff Award
Between November 6th and 12th, KineMaster Staff will choose three (3) videos as winners of the KineMaster Staff Award. Winners will be selected on the basis of video quality, including editing, cinematography, acting, production values, and content. First place will receive a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3. Second place will receive a Samsung Gear S3 Classic. Third place will receive a one-year free subscription to KineMaster. Current subscribers to KineMaster will receive explanations via email on how to use their free subscription.
Winners will be announced on November 13th, 2017 publicly via Twitter, and privately via email. Please note that the name and video information given on the submission form may be used on Twitter.
Viewer’s Choice Award
Between November 6th and 8th, KineMaster Staff will nominate ten (10) videos for the Viewer’s Choice Award. Nominated videos will be tweeted by @KineMaster on the 9th of November and voted on by the public. Each video tweet will be placed on a page (yet to be announced) for ease of voting. First place will receive a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3. Second place will receive a Samsung Gear S3 Classic. All remaining nominations will receive a one-year free subscription to KineMaster. Current subscribers to KineMaster will receive explanations via email on how to use their free subscription.
Viewer’s Choice Voting Requirements and Details
- The voting period will start upon tweeting the nominations on November 9th until November 12th at midnight EST.
- Any person with an active Twitter account may vote for videos by liking or retweeting.
- The total amount of likes (1 point each) and retweets (5 points each) at the deadline will be combined to give an overall score that will determine the winner.
- Each video may only receive a maximum of one like and one retweet per voting Twitter account. Each voting Twitter account may like or retweet as many nominated videos as they choose.
- Anyone caught creating multiple Twitter accounts to increase voting will be disqualified.
Winners will be notified on November 13th, 2017 publicly via Twitter, and privately via email.
That's it! Now go out there and make some (responsibly!) spooky videos! Or we'll haunt you.
Legalese (Contest Rules)
These Contest Rules ("Contest Rules", “Rules”, “Agreement”) constitute an agreement between you (“you”, “the entrant”, or “entrants”) and NexStreaming USA, Inc. ("us", "we", or "our", “NexStreaming”), and govern your participation in the KineMaster for Samsung Halloween 2017 Short Film Contest (“the contest”).
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Though entrants must download KineMaster for Samsung to participate, no purchase is required.
2. SPONSOR: Prizes for the KineMaster for Samsung Halloween 2017 Short Film Contest are provided by NexStreaming.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 US states who are over the age of 18. Employees and contractors of NexStreaming are not eligible to participate. This promotion is void where prohibited by law, including US territories.
4. AGREEMENT: Participation in the contest constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of all official rules printed here and in applicable promotion postings as well as all decisions of the contest organizer. Participation and winning are contingent upon the fulfillment of all requirements issued here. NexStreaming reserves the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion if security, fairness, or proper conduct has been compromised. Any person found to be tampering with the entry process or otherwise in violation of these rules will be disqualified. NexStreaming reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the extent permitted by law.
5. ENTRY: Entry instructions and the start and end dates and times of the contest will be printed publicly on the KineMaster website, and will be linked to over Twitter and other social media sites.
6. WINNER SELECTION: After the contest entry period has concluded, winners will be selected by a judge or panel of judges chosen by NexStreaming in accordance with the criteria and terms outlined in the contest posting.
7: WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified publicly by Twitter and privately by the email address given upon submission within two weeks of the end of the entry date unless other terms are specified in the contest posting. If a winner does not respond to the email within the specified time frame, NexStreaming may disqualify that winner and select an alternate winner. NexStreaming shall not be liable for a winner’s failure to transmit accurate contact information or failure to receive properly sent notices as a result of faulty email security. To request the name(s) of the winner(s) of this promotion, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received within 30 days of the entry period’s end.
8: PRIZES: Prizes for the contest will be disclosed in the contest posting and transmitted to the winner(s) within one month of confirmation of eligibility. Prizes are nontransferable and will not be substituted except at the discretion of NexStreaming, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in the contest herein is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations.
9. ENDORSEMENT: By participating in the contest, entrants acknowledge that the contest is in no way endorsed by, sponsored by, administered by, or affiliated with any social media service upon which any part of the contest is conducted.
10. RIGHTS: All entries become the property of NexStreaming. Entrants hereby grant NexStreaming a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to publish, store, reproduce, and distribute any submission transmitted here as part of the contest without compensation. Entrants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power, and authority to grant the foregoing license. NexStreaming is under no obligation to use or return any submissions; NexStreaming reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including names and submissions provided by the entrants, for editorial, marketing, and other purposes without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Nexstreaming, and their affiliates, advertising agencies, employees, and contractors from any liability or litigation that may occur, directly or indirectly and regardless of negligence, from (i) participation in the contest and the acceptance or use of any prize; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of computer hardware or software or the unavailability of any internet service; and (iii) any unauthorized tampering or electronic or human error that may occur in the administration of the contest.
12. DISPUTES: The contest is governed by the laws of the state of California. As a condition of participating in the contest, entrants agree that any and all unresolvable disputes as well as any causes of action connected with the contest will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
If any dispute cannot be settled amicably through ordinary negotiations by the parties, despite their good faith efforts to do so and within such time as the aggrieved party considers reasonable, then dispute may be submitted American Arbitration Association at Los Angeles and resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration pursuant to the Arbitration Rules of AAA as at present in force. The place of arbitration shall be in Los Angeles. Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees.