We do our best to eliminate exporting problems on Android, including the dreaded "codec init failed" error message, but sometimes due to factors out of our control, such problems can occur. Here are some steps that often help to solve these problems.
- Update the app: Make sure you are using the latest version of KineMaster from Google Play.
- Try rebooting the device: sometimes other apps leave the video encoder or decoder "stuck" so that KineMaster can't use it, and rebooting will fix this.
- Don't use a screen recorder during export; screen recorders use a video encoder instance, and this sometimes prevents KineMaster from also using the encoder while exporting.
- Don't use video in another app at the same time you are exporting. For example, don't watch YouTube videos in picture-in-picture mode while exporting. KineMaster needs hardware video decoder during export, and if another app it using it, this can cause export to fail.
If none of these steps solve the problem, it may be that the supported editing resolution or supported number of layers (or other specs) were incorrectly detected for your device. Running a hardware performance analysis may solve this problem for future projects you create by limited KineMaster to performance that can be supported by your device's hardware. However, this may not help with projects you have already created. To run a hardware performance analysis:
- Reboot the device.
- Make sure no other apps are running.
- Start KineMaster and tap the gear icon to access Settings
- Tap Device Capability Information then tap the ... menu in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Choose Hardware Performance Analysis to run a performance analysis; this will take about 5 minutes.
- If you still experience problems after the Hardware Performance Analysis try rebooting the device one more time.
If after this, you are still having problems, it may be that your device is not powerful enough to support KineMaster. However, to be sure, you can contact KineMaster Support for further assistance. Be sure to indicate which steps you have already tried.